The American Memorial Church is located at
8, place de l’Hotel de Ville
02 400 Chateau-Thierry, France
U.S. tax-deductible contributions for the church’s
World War One Centennial Fund
may be made through the Presbyterian Foundation
This is the ONLY American Memorial Church to WWI American sacrifices. It was constructed in 1924 and has been used as a living church ever since. The altar bible was donated by Edith Roosevelt, wife of President Theodore Roosevelt, whose son Quentin was killed in the area. Throughout the Church are numerous memorial plaques including one to all the US Chaplains that perished there. The congregation comes from over a 25 mile radius to worship each Sunday.
The church is engaged in a restoration project in preparation for the WWI Centennial, in cooperation between the Presbyterian Foundation and the Eglise Protestante Unie de France, aiming for completion by 2017. It is located 10 km from the American Cemetery at Belleau Wood and the Chateau Thierry new American Interpretive Center. The restoration and renovation will provide new youth space, pastor’s office, restroom facilities, roof and interior & exterior repairs and renewal.